Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm back........


It’s been a month since my last entry in this blog...it’s not that I’m too busy to write....I’ve sooo many spare times lately....hehehe.....just being lazy.........actually I’ve tonnes of things to tell....but I guess when the MALAS syndrome kicks in.....only a strong will power can brush it off....in my case......I guess sitting at home ...watching TV....spending time with my daughter...leisure internet surfing...was my way of spending...err...enjoying my unemployment period.....hahaha.....


So many things have happened.....like countless riding hours....being jobless.....KL outing.....bike projects...and future riding plans....I’ll sum it up in this entry.....so bear with me.....=p

About being jobless

Yup.....finally took the plunge into the unknown.....kinda reckless, I know.....good job is hard to come by these days....but I’ve been applying for the VSS for over a year now....and it came just in time....getting bored with the same routine anyway....with all the things that has happened....I guess it was inevitable...sooner or later I’m bound to leave the company anyway....don’t think my career was going anywhere....I’m stuck in the same position for more than 9 years....9 long years!....been wanting to switch to other departments...you know?...doing other things for a change...but I guess “they” just won’t let me go....coupled with other decisive factors....I concluded that I’ve had enough...I’ve taken more than I could swallow....rather than stayed and suffer....I decided to leave with lots of moolah...and try my luck elsewhere....hehehe....

My last day was on the 30th November 2009....after working my butt off for more than 14 years....my tenure finally came to its end....it wasn’t difficult....and the rest of my “collegues” doesn’t seemed to mind about my decision....guess I’ve made the right choice this time....no hugs...no teary eyes...heck!...not even a decent farewell.....just a simple goodbye.....man....I felt soooo unwanted!....

and so it’s job hunting season for me.....sent out my CV to few places....so far...I’ve attended one job interview....Alhamdulillah....it went well.....now I’m waiting for the second interview....according to my pal, Jeff....all should be in order as both of the interviewer are his buddies....hopefully this unemployed period won’t be for long.....I certainly don’t want to get used to it.....=p

About rides...

There were so many rides....and frankly...I don’t think I could remember it all clearly....may end up jumbled up...so the safe way is for me not to elaborate much about it....you can view the pics in my flickr photo page or my facebook album...

my flickr page
my facebook album


You may also read about it in Akmal’s and Reza’s blogs....
Apart from the numerous nite rides....there’s also a ride to Plentong trail....2 or 3 trips to Gunung Pulai Reserve...even one solo ride there...=p.....a trip to P.U.B trail with Anuar and Boboy....ride to Seri Austin trail and so on...

gunung pulai ride-22/11/2009~the one where Boboy suffered pacat bites...=p



return to Plentong trail - 29/11/2009



P.U.B. reservoir trail ride - 13/12/2009


I’ve also made some new friends....all from my riding activities....Anuar and Basir is officially my regular weekend riding buddies besides Boboy...there’s also Ah Wee, Abg Azhar, Abg Lokman and the rest...
Tuesday and Friday nites are strictly for road riding.... and occasionally Wednesday Impian Emas ride.... with the Tamago’s....though riding road is not my favourite....but it’s good in building stamina and endurance.....also good in building rapport with fellow riders....

Talking about the Tamago’s.....they’re planning to officiate their cycling club....Hafiz had asked me to fill in the application form to become the club member....I guess being in one club doesn’t restrict me from joining other clubs/groups activities....it’s also nice to be a part of something....=)

My last ride was yesterday’s nite ride.....a little different from the usual.....there were only 7 riders riding last night....the Tamago’s decided to take the night off and heads out to Terengganu to attend Kojack ‘s wedding....the funny thing was....a few of us had sms’ed Hafiz to asked about the ride...you know with the long holiday....one can assume that the ride might not took place...but when Hafiz confirmed they’ll ride that night....a few of us showed up...and get’s disappointed...not wanting to waste our effort to show up at the venue...we decided to ride...just the 7 of us....Wan EON took the lead...while I acted as the sweeper ....it was fun despite the shortfall....we were riding in groups...unlike the normal NR’s where the group got scattered between the fast riders and the not-so-fast ones...like me...hehehe....

It took us 45 minutes to reach the usual RV venue at Danga Bay...and took a 20 minutes rest....we were back on saddles at 10:40pm...riding the usual route to Larkin.....one guy went straight back home to Kobena after passing the Angsana Traffic Light intersection...we were riding in leisure mode thru BBU and then the STF stretch....I didn’t even break a sweat....really....hehehe....even climbing the MPTI hill was a breeze....=p

After the ride...we had a TT session which lasted till 1:40am....went back home...took a shower...and went straight to bed....

About my bike project

....after giving it a deep thought...and consulting few “experts”....I decided not to continue with my bike project....you know?....the one that involves stripping the whole paint job off and repainting it with Yeti team color scheme....it’s not about the cost...in fact...the cost is very-very minimal compared to getting myself a new frame....it’s just that I’m worried that the end result might not be as expected....not all can paint a bike frame perfectly...you know?....we’re not talking about repainting a whole car or anything..... repainting a bike frame gonna takes a lot of concentration and a lot of detailing is required to ensure a smooth finish......cehhhh!....excuse..excuse.....

The fact is.....with the moolah coming in.....I’ve decided to get myself a new frame for my bike...and my recent trip to KL has easily made me come to a decision....to get myself a new Santa Cruz Chameleon frame....M size....white color.....nice built.....just looking at it hanging at KSH TTDI has made me drooled...sighhhh.......hehehe.....



And so.....my bike project is officially scrapped...and replaced with a new one.....and the mission starts this coming 2nd January 2010....I’m heading to TTDI next Saturday morning with Anuar...with both bikes (mine and his Giant reign) perched atop my Waja....the plan is to head to KSH TTDI as early as 6:30am from JB...expected to reach there by 11:00 am....left my bike there for them to “salin” all the parts from my Merida to the new frame.....check in at the nearest hotel....pick up the bike in late afternoon....stay overnight....and explore Bukit Kiara trail the next day with those KSH guys....and come back to JB in the afternoon.....sounds interesting...doesn’t it?.....

Well....I’m counting the days now.....hehehe.....

About my future riding plans


Apart from the Bukit Kiara ride.....I’m also planning to ride the FRIM trail somewhere in the near future....Akmal told me they have an excellent trail out there...and I’m just dying to try it out....also made plans to arrange a return trip to Plentong trail....and to recce ride the Pulai Indah trail with Boboy....

Tomorrow morning...I have a ride appointment (cheh!) with my buddies to P.U.B. trail and Gunung Pulai downhill trail....so far...I have 4 confirmed participants.....wanna join me?.....Jom lah?let’s rock the place.....hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment