Saturday, July 18, 2009

another rideless day...sigh...

It's has been a busy day for me today.....I have to go to work since I requested a duty swap with Lini...this is all due to the Mr Mobic's Petronas Refinery MTB Jamboree that's gonna be held next week at Melaka....yup!...I finally registered myself in one major event....can say major coz I've never participated in any event so far...hehehe....

So instead of riding this morning, I have to drag myself to work....on Saturday for a mere RM$$ allowance (note:Company executives are not entitled for OT claim).....hehehe.....what to do?...rules are rules....anyway...somebody has to do it...right?...sigh...

Due to that also, I missed the JB @ctive event at Larkin this morning...which Ali and his gang participated in....Kevin also...and maybe some of the PG Gerekers too...dunno what's the result....have to wait until tomorrow to get the whole story....=p

Though working today is not as busy as weekdays, me and my colleagues were required to attend a fire drill training (more like a briefing coz it was too short to be called a training-about 4 hours) which ended at 6.30pm...lost some valueable time there....I actually have made plans to ride with Uncle to Loji Sultan Iskandar....hmmm....as what the late P.Ramlee has said..."bikin rosak plan ana~lah"....hehehehe

I went back and reaches home just in time for the Tahlil held next door...then called Ali at 9:30pm to ask about my bike....which he took back home yesterday to check on my "jumping RD" problem....and oh yes....I've changed my RD to the new 2010 Deore which looks much better than the old ones...kinda resemblence the SLX and XT a bit....I haven't read the review but I hope it performs like them too.....cosmetically...it looks better...=)


Ali invited me to join him tomorrow for Pendas ride....it's a 75-80km ride...on road...ah?..the distance!...ah?...on road summore!.......oh..oh...and worst, the rest of the guys might be riding roadies!....with me on knobbies....I'll surely be left behind.....but I took the challenge...so it's fixed then....I'm off to Pendas tomorrow...with probability that I'm the only guy on knobbies...hehe....kerja gila! (this is crazy)...well it wouldn't be gila if Boboy would join me...at least there'll be two schmucks among the roadies instead of one...hahaha...but as usual..."Ali bawak apa?""MTB ke road?""Ramai tak?""Kul berapa mula?""Der nanti aku confirmkan balik" (which he never did!)...he asked too much questions instead of giving confirmation....excuse..excuse....=p

Well....since this Pendas ride has been given too much hype by the gang (including Boboy)....I guess I'll give it a try..no harm, right?...(rightttt......) hehehe...

I could also take it as a test ground for me....see how far can I go...endurance wise...they said it's quite tricky with several hill climbs...it's gonna be challenging....especially on a Panaracer Fire XC Pro....excellent off road...crappy on roads!!!...hehehe....

So...I'll be back with full story on the ride tomorrow....till then.....ride safe bro!......=)







No comments:

Post a Comment