Wednesday, July 15, 2009

what's so great about cycling?

I'm bored....so I guess i'll write something in here....=p

A colleague had asked me recently, what so great about riding bikes?...I paused for a while..then replied..what do you like most about fishing?....he kept quiet for a sec...then replied...the thrilling and best part is when the fish bit the bait..."there's where the fun starts", he says....then he began explaining and talking about his craze for fishing...and so on and on and on....and then suddenly he came to a halt...."what does my fishing got to do with your cycling?"....I just looked at him and smiled.....it's not about what you do for fun or as a hobby....it's the passion that came with it....that's what I feel about cycling....it's something that I do with passion...something that's unexplainable...hehe

To me cycling is more than a hobby....unlike my other hobbies such as kit building....although it may cost me a fortune (for a small potato like me), at least my body and health benefit from it...kit building is another thing...you just stay put at one place trying to put together something and requires your full concentration to get a perfect scale model...but that's just it..the satisfaction is just when you've completed it..other than that...it's just another trophy in your cupboard or trophy wall....get me?

And so I quit kit building and starts something beneficial to my health and gave me unlimited satisfaction...cycling....

I bought my Merida in February 2009....you can say that I'm a newbie...heck...I admit I am...and there loads of things that I need to learn...and I guess I'm more than willing to learn stuffs related to MTB...the tips and tricks..the right techniques..and so on...that is why I do not attach myself to a particular group of riders..other than my colleague Boboy...I've rode with Ali and his gang.....Mohd Noor from Nur Ikhsan....and PG Gerekers...not to mention some other riders whom I met on the trails.....with these people who're more than willing to share their experience....(thanks guys!)

My health also benefited from this newfound hobby....believe it or not...I used to have severe back pains.....at first I was worried that the pain might get serious each time I ride my bike but the result is the other way round.....I felt better, fitter and my back pain is virtually gone (except when I do heavy lifting lah)....

To me...to each is his own....you choose what you want to do...what you wanna be....final...

Me...for now...I just wanna ride as much as I can....I wanna feel the whole enchilada...and savour every moment of it.....=)

Ride on guys....ride safe....

No comments:

Post a Comment