Sunday, July 19, 2009

pendas ride 19/07/2009

Arrived at Ali's place at 7:30am sharp.....few guys were already there....Ali had just finished adding the finishing touch to my bike set up....took it for a quick test spin....gear change felt kinda funny..too early to make comment so I decided to test it along the ride...

The ride started quite late, 9:45am....Hafiz woke up late so we all end up waiting for him....he was injured during yesterday JB @ctive race...and yet he still wants to ride today.....tough lad....gotta respect that....ah! and yes......Ali won the race yesterday......kudos to him.....=)

To kill time, I went for breakfast at the nearby Mamak....I was alone at first...then Saiful and Wan decided to join me......another guy showed up shortly after that..I was lucky coz I'm not the only one with knobbies...Ali decided to ride his MTB...so does another 4 guys...only 5 guys rides roadies....so I'm saved from being left behind...hehehe

I started the ride by being the third rider up front....we were riding at a steady pace...my guess is around 25-30 km/h...I passed the Nusa Bestari hill climb with much ease...compared to 2 months ago....where I always went out of breath every time I used the same route when riding back home after rides with Mohd Noor and his gang....the same goes with the Seri Orkid hill climb....piece of cake...hehe.....

The trio stayed intact until we reached Lima Kedai when the other riders managed to catch up (either we started to go slow or they must've rode super fast-no prob with a road bike)...and from there, I struggled a bit to maintain my pace...remained in middle of the pack till Gelang Patah....then...something happened.......

Believe it or not...we were pulled over by the local law enforcer....yup!...we were pulled over by two cops on kapchai's for no apparent reason....we did nothing wrong...we rode in a single file...not road hogging...in fact...I believe we ride within the state speed limit....duhhh......=p

cop: sir...you were riding way over the speed
limit ....

smart ass rider: huh?was I?...how fast did I go just
now?

cop: 10 km/h....

smart ass rider: huh?...%$#@^&


sheeshhh...u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e.........

me ^_^



the unknown rider...forgot to ask for his name....bro?...what's your name ah?

So what's wrong?...they just say that's it's a routine check...and they were only carrying instructions from "some officer's from Nusajaya IPD" to get our details written down....for what?...they wouldn't say....something's fishy and so one of us called his contact in IPK (someone with higher ranks) to dig further...but that's just it...I'm not interested to know further....after handing over my I/C, the officer taken my details, I started riding again with another rider (didn't catch his name...some other time perhaps)...pretty soon the other guys begin to catch up and we were cruising the Gelang Patah route again....


At this point I was a bit exhausted with so many hill climbs (I lost count already...hehe)..and by the time I reach the CIQ junction...I was already the last man....Ali slowed down to accompany me and another rider...my left foot was already aching and my toes started to get numb...tried to wiggle my toes a bit but the pain just won't subside...end up paddling one footed most of the time till I reached the destination, Kg Pendas....


finally....RV point at Pendas..........


Finally reached the RV Point at Kg Pendas at about 10:50am........took off my riding shoes and walked bare footed to normalised my blood circulations on my left foot.....perhaps my left footie is slightly larger than the right one....hehe...any other possible explanations?....=p

I know...pics blurry....was too weak to hold the phone.....hehe


even the bikes knows how to hanged out....=p


We stayed there for almost an hour...I consumed a bowl of Mee Hoon Soto and two glasses of Iced Tea...to recover back my strength....really....=p

By 11:50am, we were on our saddles again, heading home....I managed to snap a photo using my trusty N70...the only photo taken on saddles during the ride.



rempit in action

We decided to took a short cut passing the Gelang Patah's R&R during the ride back home....by this time, it was getting cloudy and windy....signalling that it's gonna rain anytime soon...kinda difficult to ride especially when you're riding against the wind....very...very tiring.....

Finally it rained by the time we rode past Leisure Farm...it doesn't drizzle....straight up heavy rain...so sudden that I've to stop by the road side to stashed my handphone in my backpack....switched on the blinker and I'm off riding again...the blinker doesn't help much though as it was raining very heavily....rode steadily...assuming 20-25km/h...till I reached Gelang Patah where the rain stopped pouring......the town folks gave us this weird look...we were soaking wet...but it wasn't raining at their town area....hehe...

taking a breather at Petronas....

We stopped for a while at Petronas Gelang Patah..then decided to take a short cut (ended up not being a short cut..longer distance ada ler wey? =p)...the route (short cut) end up at Nusa Idaman (where Mohd Noor and his group usally RV-ed for each rides)....we rode on thru Bukit Indah, past Jusco, reach Perling and headed straight to the final check point, Ali's place.....arrived at 1:45pm....exhausted..but really satisfied...=)

I finally completed the feat...maybe struggled a bit at the beginning...but I managed to complete it nonetheless...there were some tiring moments, climbing hills, foot cramped...but it's nothing I can't handle...hehehe...

The guy that I couldn't catch his name commented on my ride....saying that I was okay for a first timer....he says that most of the time I rode faster than him...so he sum up that I probably rode in average 25-28km/h.....on few occasions, he said that he was riding 30km/h and I easily passed him...so I must've rode >35km/h at that time...not going downhill (you hearing this Boboy?)....the other guys were vouching his statement...might be true...I'm so gotta get myself a meter...when?....by month end perhaps....hehe



Overall I could say that the ride was very challenging and I really tested my endurance to the limit today....and I'm glad to say that I've passed.....concurred by Ali and his gang.......=p

Maybe after Raya I'll be joining them again for another ride to Pendas....for the meantime....regular NR is sufficient enough.....

Next weekend I'll be participating in Mr Mobic's Petronas Refinery MTB Jamboree in Melaka....I'll be joining Akmal and Reza from PG Gerekers for this event...my first event outside JB....I'm so excited...can't wait...=)

Then on 8th and 9th August....another outting organised by Kelab Ali Baba at Pasir Lanun, Mersing.....guys on bikes will be riding from Mersing town...some 40km away from the location....shouldn't be a problem for me....hehehe.....

I'll reserve 1st and 2nd August for my wife and Nana....so I'll be riding within Uda vacinities during those 2 days....I guess....hehehe....

So..till my next riding log...ride on guys....ride safe...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment