Tuesday, July 14, 2009

preparing for NR

Yesterday night I went to Ali's after he called to inform that my bike was ready for pick up...I sent it to him the day before to fix the problem with my crank and presumeably chain......it turns out that my bike set up was incorrect....the previous shop had wrongly installed an 8 speed chain instead of 9 speed resulting unsmooth (betul ke ni?) ride since day one....ahhhhh...no wonder la my gearing tak betul?....hehehe


I end up forking out RM100 for a Dura Ace chain....and after a test ride, it felt just nice..nearly effortless to climb a small hill...(again..betul ke ni?)....I hanged out for a while at his place, talking about bikes and stuff....you know..it's amazing how we could learn a thing or two from the pro's...hehe....there are soooo many things that I don't know, and hanging out with guys like Ali, Akmal, Panjang and some of the bike shop owners really enhance your knowledge on bikes as long as you stay on the topic...bikes...



I really feel that I need to learn more on basic bike set up, technical and riding skills....I guess it's an ongoing lesson for me....I believe I need to experience it to really feel it....so that is why spend my weekend mornings with bike riding....even if I have to ride alone.....=p


Alhamdulillah my wife understands me and gave her full support...and I usually compensate by spending the afternoon with them.


Also, since I started riding, I have joined several riding groups to fuel my riding hunger..and of course, to gain experience and make new acquintence...groups like Ali and his gang, PG Gerekers and Mat Noor from Nur Ikhsan, they welcomes you to join them as long as you have a bike (how to join if you don't have any?...duhhhhh?)...they're a friendly bunch...and more than willing to teach you tricks and tips on mountain biking...

Back to the topic....after the set up yesterday, the bike felt somewhat lighter.....I will surely test it tonight during the Nite Ride (NR)...too bad Boboy won't be joining tonight (he never join NR!)...

When asked, he keeps on giving excuses....hehehe...I guess he prefers to ride at Impian Emas doing laps rather than riding around town which to me far better and more fun. I'm not keen on going round in circles.... =p


For tonight NR, I'll try to maintain my pace and see how fast I can go.... too bad I don't have any meters on my bike....to know my speed normally I'd stay in the main group and try to keep up with them....and then asked how fast they ride....then I'll know lah? =p


Till tonight then......

No comments:

Post a Comment