Monday, July 13, 2009

routine ride to Pekan Nanas 12/07/2009

The day started with heavy downpour since early morning...I was unsure whether to proceed to the meeting point or just continue my sleep...so after a quick solat, I geared up and load my things in the car and starts driving to Pekan Nanas, some 45km away from my house.

Reached the location at 7 am sharp, called the "El-Presidente" Boboy just to find out that he's still at home. We're gonna start off late...again...sigh...

So I hanged out at the local mamak restaurant, waiting for HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS to arrive. After completing a glass of Teh Tarik and a roti telur, I decided to call him again but unanswered...double damn....so I proceeded to the RP at Ah Fan's and waited for about an hour before I decided to go on riding without him..it's just the two of us...the rest of the guys were unable to join in. Ai participated in the IronMan at PD...good luck to him...that leaves me with HRH Boboy...double sigh.....

It's 8 am, and the rain has stopped...the sky was clearing from the dark clouds...so I got out from my car and unload the bike and the rest of my gears...as I was assembling the front tire, Boboy arrives with a smirk on his face....hmm...I gotta admit..this guy must be "wearing" something (note:malay says it's like a tangkal @ talisman) so that people won't get mad at him or something......nahhh.....

Actually, I have made plans to join Ali and his gang to ride to Pendas this morning but since Boboy says that he has other plans in the afternoon, so we decided to ride Pekan Nanas instead.

We left Ah Fan's at 8.45 am and rode the wet and slippery road heading to Gunung Pulai Reserve Park. While riding past a Chinese house, I stumbled upon a dog whom was quite startled to see me...he had this undecided look on his face...whether to jump on me or to back away....maybe it's me giving him this fierce look or maybe he haven't gotten his breakfast yet that made him backing away and not giving me any problem...haha...Boboy rode past him cautiously....in case he changed his mind and decided to give us a chase.......=p


We were riding leisurely...enjoying the cool morning breeze after the rain.....and we thought we were the only schmuck riding that morning....when we come across this guy, Najib from Cyclemotion JB....he leads us to his gang, who were unloading their bikes from their cars. They were going for trail riding, surveying for new trails for their upcoming HASH in Pekan Nanas in early August...they invited us to join in but since Boboy could not commit...and I don't want my bike to get all too dirty..so we had decline the offer. But I will surely participate in their HASH..if God willing......just have to monitor for the latest updates in their website and see whether it's a go or no go....
















We had our breakfast at the warong near the picnic area for about an hour before heading back to Ah Fan's...It was still early, so we decided to hanged out at the mamak till noon....


I left Pekan Nanas at 12.30pm...heading home..not quite satisfied with the ride this morning....if only it had'nt rain.....maybe I'd be trail riding to PUB reservoir....hmmm...

I have another plan with Leman in the afternoon - to survey riding route to Empangan Sultan Iskandar, Kongkong for our next riding event...but that's another story.....

No comments: